Saturday, August 10, 2013

Hello,

I am a single/only parent, which is where I get my handle around here (as well as on Pinterest and Twitter). I am Serena Faith's Mom. Because I was a teen mom (please don't associate that with the current pop culture version of a teen mother) my whole adult life has been about motherhood first.

In the past I was a business professional. When I was a teen I was many things, work wise. At 7 I formed a recycling club so my little cousins and I could earn cash. We rode our bikes around looking for cans. At about 9 I started babysitting some cousins (Suzy Q Homemaker, some older cousins called me). At12 I used to do yard work for neighbors. Finally at 14 I got my first real job, it was for a snooty women's clothing store. I hated it. Jobs were not as hard for teens to get then so I moved over to be an assistant at a pre-school. I loved it. When I was nearly 16 I tested out of high school, that way I could work full time. My first full time gig came as a cashier position just after my birthday. At 18 (I was a mom at this time) I was a lube tech. At 21 I got my break into what would become a career. I started as an assistant at a construction company. Two weeks later I was the office manager. Two and a half years later I was at a larger, commercial construction company. At 24 I was a project manager for large commercial projects. I loved it. This was really about time for school though, if ever, right...

So, now I work part time while in school full time at Sonoma State University.

Needless to say, as a student, an only parent, and living in an expensive area on part time work, couponing and organization can be a lifesaver!

What I've tried to do so I can manage it all, still afford it all, and still feed my child healthy meals, is streamline everything.

This blog is new to me so bear with me. I intend on giving you (especially those of you in this area, where it is particularly hard to coupon) an easy, one stop source for couponing the stores I currently do (CVS, Target, Staples, Safeway).

If you have any tips of your own to share, please do!

No comments:

Post a Comment